Writing a press release
After identifying who you would like to review you it is really helpful to have a clear press release providing all of the important information – here are some suggestions
- It needs to be easy to read
- It shouldn’t be too long but make sure there is enough detail. Page 1 should have approximately 250 words with all of the important information and imagery. Any additional copy or information can go on page 2
- Included imagery would preferably be production shots which communicate the play’s narrative. They should be sized around 800 x 470 pixels.
- Copy everything into the main body of an email as reviewers may want to check things on their phone, so attachments aren’t always useful. PDFs in particular can cause issues.
- Naming the cast – ensure that all cast names are included and not misspelled
- Include names of supporting people such as technicians, front of house staff, etc. make sure everyone is recognaised for their work